In news from the art world, adidas Skateboarding and Juxtapoz Magazine are teaming up to showcase a group exhibition including Sydney skateboarder, Sid Tapia.
“Sydney based artist and skater, Sid Tapia, will travel to Miami to exhibit works as part of The Showcase. In his series for The Showcase, Tapia has drawn several of his iconic, hyper-realistic adidas skate silhouettes.
"Well known within both the skate and art communities for his large-scale graffiti murals and more intricately hand drawn works, Tapia says he is, ‘Excited to exhibit as part of such prolific global festival' that fuses both of his passions.”
The Showcase exhibiting international artists include:
· Sid Tapia – Sydney, Australia
· Ivonne Alcatara Sanchez (Latin America) – Mexico City, Mexico
· Mariano Amilcar Gonzalez (Latin America) – Buenos Aires, Argentina
· Julio Ignacio Pizarro Freire (Latin America) – Santiago, Chile
· Erica Rocha Santos (Latin America) – Sao Paulo, Brazil
· Trihumph (USA) – New York, NY
· Maximilian Mueller (USA) – New York, NY
· Spacegoth (USA) – Los Angeles, CA
· Jason Keam (USA) – Los Angeles, CA
· Homeless Cop (USA) – Los Angeles, CA
· Jacob Messex (USA) – Los Angeles, CA
· Fabian Fredrick Fuchs (Europe) – Stuttgart, Germany
· Lukas Goller (Europe) – Bolzano, Italy
· Hugo Fernandes (Europe) – Paris, France
December 7 to 10, 2017.